Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Three days and Counting!

Ah, I just want to scream right about now. Three days to go and my little marathon sprint of editing is not exactly going as planned.

I'm still only about half-way through the manuscript. I had no idea how unpolished this manuscript even was until I started this sprint.

So now, I'm tired and cranky and dreaming in fonts. I have roughly two to two and a half days to get this finished and ready for Suvudu. I really wish that I had seen this article regarding their writing contest earlier. But, if I had, I wonder how well I would still have been able to get through this?

I have always been a procrastinator - which is probably why this manuscript has been sitting around for close to five years already. If I have time to do it, I will likely take up just about every bit of time available to me. Chances are, even if I had found that article in January rather than February, I would still be sitting here today stressing myself out at failing at my own deadline.

How sad do you have to be to fail at your own deadline?

2 comments:

  1. I fail at my own deadlines all the time. I've just come to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I've failed at a lot of deadlines in the past, just none that I set for myself. Somehow I've always been able to scrape up enough drive right at the end to finish up whatever I was attempting just in the nick of time.

    Perhaps I should just take a deep breath, and if I fail at the deadline, then C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete